Before you begin using the Glooko app and MeterSync Cable, please read the following:
The Glooko app requires the Glooko MeterSync Cable in order to download readings from your blood glucose meter into your iOS device. Please go to the Compatibility page for details about the MeterSync Cable and Glooko IR Adapter. If you would like to use Glooko for personal use, please go to the App Store to download the free Glooko app to your Apple device.
The Glooko app does not allow you to modify any information that has been downloaded from your blood glucose meter. To ensure that the information is transferred accurately into your Glooko app, it is important that the time on your meter is correct. Consult with your meter manufacturer for information on how to change the time on your meter.
The Glooko app and Glooko MeterSync Cable are compatible with the meters shown below+:
|ACCU-CHEK® Aviva (Black)||ACCU-CHEK® Aviva Nano (not available in US)||ACCU-CHEK® Compact Plus (Black)||ACCU-CHEK® Nano|
|Bayer's BREEZE® 2||Bayer's CONTOUR®||Bayer's CONTOUR® NEXT EZ||Bayer's CONTOUR® XT (not available in US)|
|FreeStyle Freedom Lite®||FreeStyle Lite®||GLUCOCARD® 01||GLUCOCARD® Vital™|
|iSENS CareSens™ N||iSENS CareSens™ N POP|
|OneTouch® Ultra®2||OneTouch® UltraLink®||OneTouch® UltraMini®|
|ReliOn® Confirm||ReliOn® Prime|
+ ACCU-CHEK® users will need the Glooko IR Adapter (sold separately) in addition to the MeterSync Cable.
*The Glooko MeterSync Cable is only compatible with the newer ACCU-CHEK Aviva and ACCU-CHEK Compact Plus models that are black. We are not compatible with the older ACCU-CHEK Aviva and ACCU-CHEK Compact Plus models that are blue.
**The ACCU-CHEK® Aviva Nano and Bayer's CONTOUR® XT are available in Canada and the European Union, but are not FDA cleared for sale in the US.
Using your Glooko MeterSync Cable
- Plug the Glooko MeterSync Cable into your iOS device and blood glucose meter.
- If you are using a Bayer® meter, make sure the meter is turned on and the screen is flashing "---".
- If you are using a CareSens® meter, make sure the meter is turned on.
When syncing with a CareSens meter for the first time, you will be prompted to select if your meter is in mg/dL or mmol/L.
- If you are using a FreeStyle®, GLUCOCARD® or ReliOn® meter, make sure the 2.5 mm adapter is attached.
- If you are using an ACCU-CHEK® meter, make sure the meter is in data transfer mode and the Glooko IR Adapter (sold separately) is attached to the Glooko MeterSync Cable. Refer to the Using Your Glooko IR Adapter tab below for more detailed information.
- Disconnect the Glooko MeterSync Cable from your meter after syncing (to preserve the meter's battery life).
Download the Instruction Manual for further assistance in setting up your Glooko MeterSync Cable.