We at Glooko, Inc. (“Glooko,” “we,” “us,” “our”) respect your concerns about privacy. We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously.
- What personal information does Glooko collect and for what purpose?
- Does Glooko share the personal information it receives?
- What about links to other third party sites and services?
- Is Personal Information about me secure?
- What personal information can I access?
- What rights and choices do I have?
- Will I be notified of changes to your privacy practices?
- How do I request access or changes/deletion of/ to personal information?
- How do I request alternate communication methods?
- Who can I contact with a privacy question?
2) WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES GLOOKO COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
The information we gather from you enables us to (i) personalize and improve our Services, (ii) allow you to set up an account and profile that can be used to participate in our Services, (iii) provide you with information, updates, offers and other communications related to our Services, (iv) analyze and report on the results of the Services in an aggregate manner for the benefit of our partners and (v) support your use of the Services. We collect the following types of information from you:
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter in connection with our Services or provide to us in an authorized way. The types of Personal Information that is collected may include your name, email address, password, phone number, IP address, credit card information, mailing address, gender, age, weight, height, photograph, health and well-being related information (including without limitation blood glucose monitor readings and other sensitive medical information), type of glucose meter you use, and browser information. If you have purchased the Product and are using it in connection with the Service, we will also collect the Lot number of such Product. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able register with us or take advantage of all of our Services offerings.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Services. We automatically receive and record information from your browser on our server logs, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you have requested.
- Generally, our Service automatically collects usage information such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Services, and its components, and how you interact with and use the Service. We only use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how you use parts of the Services so that we can make the Services useful for as many users as possible, and improve upon those Services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers use our site and Services.
E-mail and Text Message Communications:
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email or text message from us if your computer or cellular device supports this type of program. We use this confirmation to help us make our emails more interesting and helpful and to improve our Service. If you do not want to receive email, text messages, or other mail from us, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you have opted out of receiving email or other messages from us, we may still need to contact you via email, but only with regard to the status of your account (for example, to notify you when your subscription is about to expire); you cannot opt-out of these emails, unless you cancel your account entirely.
What About Cookies and Other Internet Tools?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive, through your browser, to enable our systems to recognize your browser. Cookies tell us how and when pages in our Services are visited and by how many people. Our cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through these cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or the identity of your screen name or email address.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technologies, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
3) DOES GLOOKO SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form only as described below.
Advertisers: We may allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements. We may also provide information that we have collected from you to an advertiser in non-personally-identifiable form, in order to allow the advertiser to select the appropriate audience for its advertisements. For example, we might use the fact you use a certain brand of blood glucose monitor to show you ads about other products available from that company, but we do not tell that company who you are.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and as a result, we may need to share your Personal Information with them to provide these Services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Glooko, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information is one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquiror of Glooko may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
4) WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO OTHER THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES?
5) IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your Glooko account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer, mobile device, and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect your Personal Information to ensure that it is kept private. However, we cannot guarantee the security of such information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your information at any time.
6) WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
We allow you to access certain categories of information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating or deleting that information. These categories may change as our Services change. Any information that is automatically uploaded from a Product to the Services cannot be later changed or updated. Certain information is required to access some of our Services, so your deletion of certain information, or provision of inaccurate information, may render the Services inoperable, in whole or in part. Please note that we may use aggregate data derived from your information after you have requested it be modified or deleted, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
7) WHAT RIGHTS AND CHOICES DO I HAVE?
- As stated previously, you can opt not to disclose, or allow to be disclosed, certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain Services features or to register with us.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our private records. As mentioned above in “What Personal Information Can I Access,” deleting or modifying information may render the Services inoperable, in whole or in part.
8) WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF CHANGES TO YOUR PRIVACY PRACTICES?
9) How do I request access or changes/deletion of/to personal information?
- Glooko offers email-based and online support tools. You may access support resources or contact our support by visiting https://www.glooko.com/support/.
10) How do I request alternate communication methods?
- You may contact our support department to much this request by visiting https://www.glooko.com/support/ and clicking on “Contact Support.”
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact the Glooko Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PP 0001 Rev B
- Effective Date: 6/7/2013