We’re in this together.
We are offering a secure, privacy-protected Glooko remote-care solution at no charge to medical clinics as a public service to broaden access to remote diabetes care during the time of greatest concern to public health during the COVID-19 pandemic. The intent is to help minimize the risk of possible exposure to the virus for people with diabetes.
On-Demand Webinar – Friday March 20, 2020 12pm PT / 3 pm ET
Join us as we have Dr. Mark Clements, MD, PhD, Glooko’s Chief Medical Officer cover the latest COVID-19 evidence and how it impacts people living with diabetes.
Live Webinar – Friday March 20, 2020 10am PT / 1 pm ET
Our Chief Medical Officer Dr. Mark Clements, MD, PhD takes a deep dive into how to best position your clinic to overcome some of the challenges of managing a diverse population who are at increased risk for COVID-19.
There are currently no interruptions to Glooko’s services or ability to support people with diabetes and their care teams; however, in the near future, our customer service response times may be longer than usual, depending on volume. Helpful information can also be found in the Glooko and diasend® Support Centers.
diasend® by Glooko
- Accessing patient data
- How do I get started with diasend®?
(Source: Association of Diabetes & Education Specialists)
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GLOOKO REMOTE-CARE SOLUTION
- Is the data of people with diabetes who participate secure? How will Glooko ensure patient privacy?
- Glooko works hard to make sure the data of individuals with diabetes is secure, private, and available to them when they need it. We know that health data is critical AND sensitive. Our platform leverages security best practices to ensure that patient data is safeguarded. All data is encrypted in transit and at rest using modern, industry-standard encryption methods and protocols. We have independent third parties regularly conduct penetration testing and independent cybersecurity risk assessments, and we monitor our platform for vulnerabilities and any unusual behavior. Our platform is designed for redundancy and resiliency, and we have strong policies, procedures, and practices to assure security through technical, organizational, and procedural controls. Please visit Glooko.com to learn more about our privacy and security certifications.
- How does the diabetes remote-care solution work?
- Once a medical clinic adopts this privacy-protected technology and a person with diabetes uses the Glooko remote-care solution to grant the clinic permission to access their data, the person with diabetes can upload their diabetes data so their healthcare professionals can review the data remotely on the Glooko platform. In response, the healthcare professional can then provide medical guidance to the person with diabetes via phone, text or email, bypassing the need for an in-office visit. People with diabetes interested in obtaining the Glooko remote-care solution or information on diabetes device compatibility for the solution can visit www.glooko.com. The Glooko remote-care solution is available at no charge to people with diabetes.
- For how long will Glooko be providing this free public service to medical clinics?
- Glooko will provide the remote-care solution at no charge to medical clinics as a public service until the greatest threat of the pandemic has subsided.
- Why is Glooko providing this service at no charge? What will happen when the free service comes to an end?
- Glooko is providing the remote-care solution at no charge to medical clinics as a public service to broaden access to remote medical appointments during the time of greatest threat to public health during the COVID-19 pandemic. The intent is to help minimize the risk of possible exposure to the virus for people with diabetes.
- When the greatest threat of the pandemic has subsided, Glooko will notify participating medical offices that the free access to the remote-care solution is coming to a close and that there is no obligation for them to continue. At that time, they can choose to discontinue and Glooko will close out the service, or they may elect to continue as a paid subscriber and Glooko will handle their account set-up accordingly.
- Free access for patients to the Glooko remote-care solution is a permanent part of the Glooko System and will continue as was previously available.