We Learn and Understand During National Diabetes Awareness Month
Happy World Diabetes Day (WDD)! This day is a part of the broader National Diabetes Awareness Month that is celebrated globally on November 14 to raise awareness about both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. During National Diabetes Awareness Month, we focus on education and advocacy about one of the fastest growing global epidemics that covers the world, diabetes.
To pay tribute to people with diabetes and the clinical teams who care for them and to engage employees in understanding the people Glooko serves, Glooko is dedicating this month to diabetes education, awareness and volunteerism among employees and beyond. This month, there are numerous educational activities and information sessions planned. Expert speakers come to share insights, discuss research and help our teams to better understand what people with diabetes experience in their lives. We have set up times where employees with diabetes share stories about their diabetes management. We are participating in events around the world and are volunteering as a company and as individuals.
Below are some of the events planned:
- Coping with a diagnosis and daily challenges of living with diabetes with Joe Solowiejczyk, CDE & PWD
- History and Future of Diabetes Data Use with Dr. Irl Hirsch, MD, an internationally-recognized diabetes expert from the University of Washington
- Glooko Medical Advisory Board members panel with Dr. Mark Clements of Children’s Mercy Kansas City, Dr. Jerome Fischer of the Diabetes Glandular Disease Clinic in San Antonio, TX, Dr. David Kerr of Sansum in Santa Barbara and Dr. Michael Greenfield CMO of Glooko
- Diabetes Technology Society poster review Lunch and Learn
- Educational sessions about using diabetes data to improve care plans at the DHT conference in Wiesbaden, Germany and at the Diabetes Professional Care conference in London.
Personal Experiences and Wellness:
- Diabetes Trivia Interactive Lunch and Learns throughout the month
- Life with Diabetes Storytelling with Glooko employees with diabetes throughout the month
- Walk a Mile for Diabetes employee event
The intensified effort this month at Glooko is part of a larger internal and external on-going education and training program at Glooko.
No matter where you turn in the office or if you are remote, information about diabetes has been made available to provide education and engagement among our teams both digitally and in-person.